- What kind of devices will Telesol be selling?
- What happens my device is lost or stolen or faulty?
- Can l use my Telesol SIM to make voice calls?
- Why do l need to provide my alternative numberor email when signing up for your service ?
- Can l use other devices on Telesol's network ?
- What is the difference between indoor and outdoor router ?
- Where can l locate Telesol Stores?
- How long do your shops stay opened?
- What is 4G or LTE?
- What is the difference between 4G & 3G?
- Will 4G make my phone faster?
- How will l know where 4G is?
- Do l need a new SIM/phone card?
- How can l upgrade/exchange my 3G device to 4G?
- How can l activate 4G?
- Are 4G data packages more expensive than 3G data packages?
- What does 4G mean to a you?
- What does 4G mean to your business?
- How do I top up via USSD?
What kind of devices will Telesol be selling?
What happens my device is lost or stolen or faulty?
For stolen and misplaced devices, Telesol is not responsible for replacing such devices. However, you can reach a Telesol Rep by calling our Hotline number on 0577619055 or visit any of our retail shops for support. For faulty devices, Please see our technical support team by visiting any of our shops
Can l use my Telesol SIM to make voice calls?
This service is currently unavailable.
Why do l need to provide my alternative number
or email when signing up for your service ?
Telesol’s LTE network currently cannot be used to make or receive voice calls and SMS. Hence when there is a need to contact you regarding any activities related to your service, we will contact you via the alternate number or email.
Can l use other devices on Telesol's network?
- LTE-enabled (verify from the device’s box or manual)
- Can operate on LTE band 3 TDD, frequency range.
- Has a SIM card slot.
What is the difference between indoor and outdoor router ?
The Outdoor router has higher gain antennas that can receive signals from the futherest of sites and in areas a lot of trees whereas the Indoor router can receive the 4G sginals and share the service wirelessly.
Where can l locate Telesol Stores?
You can locate one of the Telesol Stores at Farra Avenue – adabraka, Opposite UPSA – Legon, Pentagon Hostel – University of Ghana , TDC – Tema and Community 25 – Devtraco Stretch.
How long do your shops stay opened ?
They open from 8am to 5pm on weekdays and 11am to 4pm on Saturdays.
What is 4G or LTE?
it is a radio access technology to deliver very high speeds. 4G is a Standard in Mobile Network Technology and stands for “Fourth Generation”-the latest after 2G and 3G which gives you a faster and rich internet experience. 4G is often referred to as LTE which stands for ‘Long Term Evolution’. Different handset manufacturers refer to both terms, so on an iPhone you will see ‘LTE’ on the screen (when in 4G coverage) and in your menu settings, whereas on Android devices you could have both ‘4G’ and ‘LTE’ on your screen and in menu settings.
What is the difference between 4G & 3G?
GPRS: refers to a service on the 2G network that provides basic data up to 56kbps (similar to dial-up speeds).
EDGE: It is a 2.5G technology. An enhancement of the 2G technology which provides higher data transfer rates compared to GPRS (the default on 2G).The speeds can go up to 144 Kbps.
3G: 3G technology provides faster / higher data transfer rates compared to the 2G network (EDGE & GPRS).This technology theoretically can offer speeds between 1-21 Mbps.
4G: This technology rides on LTE platform and is the latest in the world of mobile data transfer. It is the next generation of mobile communications. Currently it is the most advanced technology available. Theoretical data downlink speeds range between 2-100 Mbps.
Being the latest platform of mobile communications 4G – LTE can enable real mobile (wireless) broadband experience. 4G provides up to 10 times faster speeds than 3G making it suitable for all types of high speed applications and services. 4G is also touted to be the fastest wireless internet service.
Will 4G make my phone faster?
No. The 4G connection only affects and improves data connection speed. So to enjoy the power and speed of 4G LTE service, you need to upgrade to a 4G compatible smartphone or LTE compatible device.
How will l know where 4G is?
Once there is 4G connectivity or coverage, either 4G or LTE will appear on your screen depending on the type of device you use.
Do l need a new SIM/phone card?
Yes you do, a Universal Subscriber Identification Module or a USIM. The regular 3G SIMs hold up to 64 kbs of data but the USIM holds 128kbs.
How can l upgrade/exchange my 3G device to 4G?
Unfortunately, no such exchange program or promotion exists. You have to buy a 4G device as the 3G devices cannot work on the 4G network.
How can l activate 4G?
Walk into any of our retail shops, booths or client centres to purchase a USIM and/or device. Visit www.telesol4g.com for more information or call our hotline 0577619055 for assistance.
Are 4G data packages more expensive than 3G data packages?
4G tariffs are similar to 3G tariffs therefore your bill or frequency of top-ups will depend on your usage only.
What does 4G mean to a you?
There is no better internet experience than with 4G LTE technology. Faster download and upload times, seamless streaming, and quality high speed internet characterize this amazing modern technology. The world is moving rapidly and to stay relevant you need to move at the same pace. LTE technology is the pace setter.
What does 4G mean to your business?
In today’s fast paced business environment, where everyone is on the go at any point in time, 4G technology allows for fast and easy access, communication and transfers. Get your documents, submissions, requests, proposals, bids and any other work related activity done with speed
Top up procedure
When you run out of data on your telesol account, all attempts to surf the internet will redirect you to your telesol portal.
Top up via Telesol USSD Short Code *389*24#
- On your mobile phone dial *389*24#. This short code works on all mobile networks
- Select Option 1 to purchase bundle
- Enter your Telesol Security code. NOTE – Your security code is on page 6 of the user guide in the SIM pack.
- Select the bundle category that applies to your subscription:
- Regular (Consumer & Business) or
- Student (Wave)
PLEASE NOTE: Selecting the wrong category will result in errors with the payment.
- Select your preferred data bundle
- You will be presented with the available Mobile Money services as payment options.
- Follow the procedure that relates to your selected Mobile Money service and confirm payment. PLEASE NOTE: Each Mobile Money service has unique steps that they require to confirm transaction payments.
- Now you can surf the internet.